Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This year i refused the ritual of resolutions.

Plan i will not, but speculate i may. My horoscope says that Sagittarius has moved out of Virgo and I say thank -insert deity of choice- for that. Although, I'm hoping it isn't moving into Scorpio (these days i'm feeling like a brick and there's a certain stinging insect i wouldn't mind drowning slowly.) So here we are, approximately two years and eleven months away from the end of the world and what has the new year brought? Well for me - and a few others i know - there is the evidence that we are not children any more. I gave out midnight kisses while drinking water with lemon and would have been home in bed by one if i could have only got a cab; a rock band at the jam caused me to send telekinetic messages to the sound guy asking him to please turn it down; and on a mid afternoon car ride a (recently engaged) girlfriend and i discussed the strip malls popping up over what was the farmland of our youth. So here I am; looking into the eyes of adulthood without blinking. 'Bring it on.' I say. Here's to life where money really doesn't grow on trees and certain actions have legitimate consequences. Although...could someone please prorogue the start of the semester for a few months? I have some business to take care of.





Love Forever,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. AAAAhhhhhhh Adulthood!!!!!!
    I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.
    I'm learning everyday and trying my best at life.

    ReplyDelete